What is Orbera™?
- A comprehensive two-part program designed to provide effective, motivating results that you can see.
- Starts with a soft balloon placed in your stomach for 6 months to reinforce proper portion control.
- The Orbera™ balloon takes up space in your stomach to help you eat smaller meals.
- Patients will receive coaching from a team of experts, which may include a dietician, psychologist, and exercise physiologist.
- Coaching will continue after the balloon is removed for 6 months. That is a total of 12 months of professional coaching.
The Procedure: Placement and Removal
- Performed under a mild sedative, the thin and deflated Orbera™ balloon is placed into the stomach. The balloon is then filled with saline until it is about the size of a grapefruit.
- The procedure typically takes about 20-30 minutes so you can go home the same day.
- At 6 months the balloon is then removed in the same way it was placed. After mild sedation, the balloon is first deflated and then removed.
What to expect?
- The weight loss is rapid with the majority of weight loss typically occurring in the first 3 months of treatment.
- On average, patients lost 3.1 times the weight loss of diet and exercise alone.
- The adjustments to your eating habits and your continued efforts to stay active will greatly influence your results.
The Orbera™ Advantage:
- Proven to keep weight off after the balloon is removed.
- More than 20 years history of helping thousands of people lose weight.
- With the FDA approval of Orbera™, patients now have a safe and effective treatment option.
- More than 220,000 Orbera™ balloons have been distributed worldwide in over 80 countries.
Please contact our office to find out if Orbera™ is right for you.
717-761-0930 or email at [email protected]
For more information on Orbera™ click here